2008-07-20

Intelligent Impedient

聰明誤,相信沒有人比蘇軾了解得更透徹,蘇軾自小文才橫溢,可惜一生在官場上大起大落,經歷了一世苦難,老來寫下了一首詩,似是對兒子的祈望:

人皆養子望聰明,我被聰明誤一生;
惟願孩兒愚且魯,無災無難到公卿。

摘自『蘇軾‧洗兒』

說到聰明,想起了鄭板橋的『難得糊塗』,也想起曹雪芹在紅樓夢裡,對於聰明的見解:

機關算盡太聰明,
反算了卿卿性命。
生前心已碎,
死後性空靈。
家富人寧,
終有個家亡人散各奔騰。

枉費了,意懸懸半世心;
好一似,蕩悠悠三更夢。
忽喇喇,似大廈傾;
昏慘慘,似燈將盡;
呀!一場歡喜忽悲辛。
嘆人世,終難定。

摘自『曹雪芹:聰明累』

還想起了一齣舊電影 Forrest Gump 阿甘正傳,在電影裡,主角 Forrest 是個智障兒,莫說是一般人所謂的智慧,Forrest 對週遭事物的發生,其實都不甚了了,一直相信身邊對他好的人的引導,隨緣隨份得到相對富足的生命。對於 Forrest 來說,一生只有唯一的執著,就是他的鄰居 Jenny,對於 Jenny 小時候受到的苦難,Forrest 也只是一知半解。Jenny 聰明美貌,可惜一生遭遇坎坷,一部份可以是說是因為際遇,一部份也可說是被不甘心的聰明所誤。雖然 Jenny 一直善待 Forrest,從沒有看不起他,也知道 Forrest 一直愛著她,但也沒有把 Forrest 放在心上,正如 Forrest 經過長久的等待,終於 Jenny 在走頭無路時,回來了一段短暫的日子,但 Forrest 仍然得不到 Jenny 的愛,所以 Forrest 有此一問:

Why don't you love me, Jenny? I'm not a smart man, but I know what love is.

  

一個智商只得 75 的 Forrest 最後在 Jenny 的墳前,說了一段很動人的獨白,道出了就算是聰明絕頂的人,一生也不能參透的疑惑:

究竟人生是個有意義的進程,還只是個隨機的無奈?

不過 Forrest 由於有一個一生的執著,因此他是會感到幸福的,由始至終,他都只是思念著 Jenny,守候著她,就算她已埋在墳墓下,也沒有其他『聰明偉大』的雜念。

Jenny, I don't know if Mama's right
or if its Lieutenant Dan,
I don't know if we each have a destiny
or if we're all floating around accidental,
like on a breeze.

But I think maybe its both,
maybe both is happening at the same time.

I miss you, Jenny.
If there's anything you need,
I won't be far away.

From『Forrest‧Forrest Gump』
  

1 comment:

  1. 阿甘語錄


    The Wit and Wisdom of Forrest Gump

    Let me say this: bein` an idiot is no box of chocolates.
    讓我直說了吧:當一個智障者可不像一盒巧克力那麼甜蜜。
    Nobody ever got into trouble by keepin` his mouth shut.
    緊閉你的嘴, 就不會惹禍上身。
    People not to talk back to: 1.Your teacher; 2.1st Sergeants; 3.The police;
    4.Your mama.
    別對四種人頂嘴:1. 老師;2. 一級士官長;3. 警察;4.老媽。
    Do not try to cut your own hair.
    不要自行理髮。
    Dream, but don`t quit your day job.
    你可作白日夢, 但也要做白日工。
    If you see a line, go stand in it. Probably can`t hurt nothin.
    看到有人排隊, 就去加入行列。這樣應該會沒事。
    Don`t own nothin` if you can help it. If you can, even rent your shoes.
    儘可能別擁有任何東西, 如果可以的話, 連你的鞋子也租給別人。
    If you want to wear a hat, do it in the privacy of your own home.
    你若有戴帽子的慾望, 請儘量在家裡隱密處戴。
    Never trust nobody that says he never took a drink in his whole life.
    別信任那種自稱這輩子沒沾過一滴酒的仁兄。
    Don`t ever pick a fight with somebody that`s really ugly-lookin`.
    別找醜八怪的碴!
    If you want to be popular, do not engage in child molestin` or line
    dancin`.
    如果你做個受歡迎的人, 不要有騷擾兒童的不良行為, 也不要參加
    團體舞表演。
    Always save enough money for one phone call and one use of a pay
    toilet.
    隨時存妥足夠的錢, 以備打公用電話和上公廁的不時之需。
    If you can`t sing good, sing loud.
    如果你歌唱得不好, 請務必大聲唱。
    Do not cry over skim milk.
    別為脫脂奶粉飲泣!
    Don`t lick nothin` that sticks to your tongue.
    別碰會沾上舌頭的東西。]
    Keep your bullshit detector in good workin` order.
    讓你的「屁話偵測器」隨時待命!
    If you go to the zoo, always take somethin` to feed the animals-even if
    the sings say "Do Not Feed Animals." It wasn't the animals that put
    them signs up.
    到動物園時, 別忘了帶些東西餵食-即使園中立著「請勿餵食」的
    牌子。要知道, 這些牌子又不是動物們自己立上去的!
    Try to eat somethin` bitter every day, just so`s you don`t lose your taste
    for it.
    每天吃點苦的東西, 這樣你才不會忘記吃苦頭的滋味。
    When you think you`re so low you gotta look up to look down, beat
    yourself hard on the foot with a stick for a while. at least you will feel
    better when you stop.
    當你感到低潮的時候, 你應該上下看一看, 再用根棍子猛力打自己
    的腳一會兒, 這樣至少在停下來之後, 你會好過一些。
    Always be ready to take a chance: look what it did for Rocky.
    隨時要有冒險的精神:看看「洛基」, 你就會相信此言不虛。
    If you are ahead, shut up and stay there.
    如果你遙遙領先, 閉上鳥嘴, 繼續領先。
    A lot is to be said for the word no.
    學會說「不」的藝術太深奧了!
    Don`t expect anybody else to help you. If they do, fine. If they don`t, file
    it away.
    別指望別人幫忙, 如果有人幫你最好, 沒有的話, 別放在心上!
    Try not to screw up. This will satisfy a few people and amaze everybody else.
    儘量別把事情搞砸, 因為會讓親者痛仇者快。
    Remember this: while somebody is down there kissin` your` butt, they
    could just as easily be bitin` it, too.
    記住:那個拍你馬屁的人, 很可能也是扯你後腿的人。
    Put Tabasco sauce on everythin` you eat: this way, you can eat very
    cheap.
    吃什麼都放點甜辣醬, 這樣, 就可以吃得很便宜。
    Whatever you do, try to have a reason to do it.
    無論做什麼事, 都要有正當的理由。
    To each, his own ca-ca smells sweet-but do not be fooled by this.
    每個人都覺得自己的屁香-但也別上這話的當。
    Do not drink soup; it puts a lake in your stomach.
    不要喝湯, 會讓你胃脹如江海。
    Do not ever roll dice with a guy called "Bones."
    千萬別和老千擲骰子!
    You may be an idiot, but try not to be stupid.
    你或許是智障, 但儘量別作傻瓜。
    Do not suck your thumb-or anybody else`s, for that matter.
    別吸你的大姆指-當然, 也別去吸別人的。
    Wen you are born under the wrong star, it will shine upon your butt
    forever-even you are seated.
    要是你生來凶星來犯, 即使坐下的時候, 也能看到那顆星在你屁股
    上一閃一閃亮晶晶。

    Forget "Don`t get mad-get even." If you`re really mad, go ahead and
    stomp that sucker flat!
    別信「君子報仇, 十年不晚」那套, 若是有人真的惹毛了你, 二話
    不說就去打他個稀巴爛!
    If you got to pee, do not talk about it. Just do it. Might not be time later.
    想尿尿時別光說不練, 否則待會就來不及了。
    Do not play the piano with jelly on your fingers. Also, do not play the
    saxophone with jelly in your mouth.
    手指上有果凍不要去彈鋼琴, 嘴巴裡有果不要吹薩克斯風。
    Always be nice to your mama.
    務必要善待老媽!
    Most People don`t look dumb till they start talkin`.
    大多數的人看起來不笨, 但一開口就洩底了。
    Remember this: peace of mind over piece of ass.
    記住:心安理得比啥屁事都重要。
    Be very supicious if somebody says they want to make a movie of your
    life story.
    如果有人跟你說, 要把你的一生拍成電影, 你一定要懷疑, 這是真的
    嗎?
    Do not eat anything you do not know what it is.
    不明究理的東西不要亂吃。
    You got to cry, do it by yourself, and be quick about it.
    你一定得哭的時候就自己來, 而且動作要快!
    Be prepared to take some shit in life; just do not take more than a
    mouthful at a time.
    隨時要有吃苦的心理準備, 但別一次吃太多。
    Beware of people that put numbers after their names.
    要多加提防在背後評長論短的人。
    Do not park in a space that says "Reserved for Sheriff`s Deputies."
    別在寫著「警長專用」的空位停車!
    Do not put stock in newspapers; you can find out more just by lookin`
    around at what is goin` on.
    不必花錢買報紙, 你只要在周圍四處看看, 就知天下事了。
    Life is like a rubber band; harder you go forward, harder you snap back.
    So do not make slip-ups.
    人生就像條橡皮圈;你往前衝得愈猛, 反彈時的力道也就愈大, 所
    以說, 小心別彈出去了!
    When you feel there is an unfair burden on your shoulders, that`s just the
    way it is sometimes.
    每當你覺得要你負責是不公平的, 你最好還是認了吧!
    Always try to do the right thing, unless your conscience tells you otherwise.
    務必做該做的事, 除非你的良心叫你別做。
    To save energy, do not go out lookin` for trouble; chances are, it will
    find you soon enough.
    省省力氣, 不必出去找麻煩, 因為通常麻煩很快會自己找上們來。
    A beggar is no different than you or me, `cept he ain`t got no
    money.Always keep some spare change to give a beggar.
    乞丐和你我都沒有什麼兩樣, 不同的只是他沒有錢, 記得留些零錢
    在身上, 好施捨給乞丐。
    Do not cuss, holler, pee, or throw up in prblic places or otherwise call
    attention to yourself, as it will probably get you in trouble.
    在公共場所不要罵三字經、大聲喧嘩、隨地便溺或嘔吐, 否則你就
    要小心, 你很可能因會惹上麻煩。
    Two rules: do not neverr paint houses orr move furniture.
    兩條守則:一、不要油漆房子;二、不要移動傢俱。
    Whenever you can, take the train-providin` you ain`t got to be nowhere
    on time.
    儘可能以火車為交通工具-如困你不趕時間的話。
    Always say "thank you," even if you don`t mean it.
    即使不是真心的, 也要隨時說聲「謝謝!」
    Do not make excuses unless you have to.
    除非逼不得已, 不要亂找籍口。
    You can catch more flies with honey than you can with vinegar, but you
    can also catch more flies with garbage than either of them other two-
    assumin` you are into catchin` flies.
    用蜂蜜比用醋更好捉蒼蠅, 但其實用垃圾比這兩樣都有效-如困你
    真的對捉蒼蠅有興趣的話。
    If you`re gonna screw up, do it while you are young. Older you get,
    harder it is to bounce back.
    如果你要有所作為, 最好是趁年輕, 否則年紀大了就很難東山再起
    了。
    When the shit is about to hit the fan, do somethin`-even if it is wrong.
    如果大便快要打在電風扇上了, 你就得趕緊想法子, 即使那麼做是
    錯的也無妨。
    Don`t try to outrun nobody if you`re wearin` sandals.
    如果你穿著拖鞋, 就別妄想會跑得比別人快。
    Never mix water with chocolate.
    千萬別把水和巧克力混在一起。
    Do not get drunk around strangers.
    在陌生人堆裡, 不要喝醉。
    If you have to make a choice between a clean mind and clean body, it
    oughtn`t to be no contest.
    如果你得在「純淨的心」或「潔淨的身體」兩者選擇其一, 那最好
    還是不要去比較優劣吧!



     

     

    ReplyDelete